SOCIAL MEDIA

#ParentTeacherMeetUp - Week 12

Saturday, November 28



I have been sitting here struggling to come up with a post again this week. I have to admit that both my brain and my heart are in holiday mode already. So... how about a quick list of randoms instead of answering questions. You don't mind, right?

  • Aiden is in love with a new-to-us math game that Erin mentioned in one of her posts! It is called prodigy game. It is definitely challenging him in some areas, and that is giving us a chance to work on dealing with his perfectionist tendencies. Really I could write a whole post about just this topic. I am seeing his emotional intensity differently the more I take time to really learn about it and that is good, but I also feel overwhelmed as a parent sometimes. 
  • Waffles are delicious, and we were happy I remembered I had a waffle maker this week.
  • The weather has been MUCH colder... much more typical Nebraska winter. This is forcing me to rethink some things because I can't just chase Aiden outside as easily. 
  • I finally remembered to work with A on scissor skills a bit. We need more work.
  • Google is awesome. This week's topic was negative infinity. Aiden continues to be fixated on all things infinity related. 
  • We read some great books this week. I love that Aiden can read his Arch books to me now. They are definitely not easy readers, and I help him with some of the big words, but he told me the other day "I can read all the books in the world now!" Ha! 
  • Being indoors more has led to him using a greater variety of his toys... often ones I have forgotten he owns. The other day he pulled out lincoln logs and I hadn't seen those in ages. He is still all about creating things. 
  • Mannheim Steamroller is Aiden's new music of choice. It is not my favorite (Matt has always loved it and laughs that now I have to listen to it again) but I do enjoy watching Aiden create crazy dances to the songs he loves. He has great rhythm. I need to get a video. 
  • Charlie Brown continues to be a new favorite. Aiden has been working on learning to draw snoopy, and again I love google because printing coloring pages is helpful sometimes. Aiden rarely likes to color like just in coloring books, but if he has a certain character he is interested in he will sometimes color those pages. He still mostly prefers to create his own pictures. 
  • Probably the coolest thing in the world right now is listening to Aiden pray. He has a really precious faith vocabulary (I can't think of any other way to explain it) and for a five-year-old to pray that God would help us feel His presence and things like that is just beautiful. I just can't even put into words how much this little boy's faith touches my heart and sustains me. God is at work through him already for sure! 

Before I get to the linkup part, a quick note for our fabulous linkers! During the month of December there will be no Parent Teacher Meet-Up. We will be taking the month off to focus on Christmas, and we will regroup and resume the first week of January!! Our plan is to share two special posts for those first two weeks: 

January 2nd - Home Educator Lessons Learned in 2015
January 9th - Home Educator Goals for 2016

We hope you will join us!! I still would love to read and share your home education posts during December, and you can always tweet them to me or share them with me on facebook or google+! Have a wonderful Christmas season, and we will see you back here next year! :) 


If you would like an email reminder when we start up again, leave me a comment with your email address! :) 


Okay... are you ready to link up with us?

Help us spread the word about this linkup by clicking here to tweet about it! The more people who know about it, the more traffic we can send your way!


Join us for this homeschool blogger linkup each Saturday to share what has been happening in your homeschool and connect with others who know what it is like to be both parent and teacher.

Before linking up, it would be lovely if you would follow all 3 of us in whatever social media avenues you frequent:

Branson 
Nicolette
Maggie



Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Your support and encouragement are priceless!

Instagram