SOCIAL MEDIA

Our Homeschool Week-in-Review {#ParentTeacherMeetUp - Week 10}

Saturday, November 14

I mentioned in last week's post that we would be making some changes to the Parent Teacher Meet-Up. Thank you to all of you who have faithfully shared with us over the past 9 weeks, and I know me, Maggie & Nicolette are all anxious to pour some renewed energy into the link up! We hope the new focus will help us to foster deeper relationships and really encourage one another! So, if you are a returning friend - we are glad you are here! If you are new this week - welcome!! Let's get on with the meet-up!



Can I tell you a little secret? I have no idea where the middle of this week went! Ha! I guess we had our "adopted" college girls over for lunch on Tuesday and our teens came Wednesday night... so I know we did stuff. It just seems to have gone by in a blur! Well, and I guess since we are doing the #ParentTeacherMeetUp on Saturday now it hasn't actually been a full week between posts. That could be part of it. Anyhow... I am rambling. Here is what I can remember about the week...

What was your best teaching moment this week? I feel like Mondays tend to be our best days. We are fresh off of a weekend and ready to go! I spent a lot of time this week focusing on being present, and I feel like there was a lot more playing and really enjoying each other's company. That was my main goal from last week. 

What was your biggest struggle? It is still time management. And I feel like it will be forever, lol. 

Share any tips and tricks you have learned as a home educator! This week I relearned what I already knew to be true. We need to take breaks from our kids occasionally. Things around here have been rough not just in our home but for extended family as well, and so no one has been able to watch Aiden for me to get a break for at least a month. Today my mom took Aiden, and even though I worked and Matt cleaned while he was gone, it was the biggest dose of much-needed quiet. I adore my child, but the constant chatter and demands and messes and everything else are just too much without a little break now and then. I still feel like I could use a full weekend (a girl can dream, right?) but today really helped. 

Best kid quote of the week: Because you know they say some funny stuff! I don't have a quote necessarily, but overall just listening to him tell the stories of his very involved drawing lately always cracks me up. He has such a huge imagination! Oh, and he asked me the other day completely out of the blue where he could get a potion to make a baby mouse stay little and cute forever. I have no idea where that came from and it caught me so off-guard I had to laugh! We clearly do not use potions (unless you count essential oils, ha!) and I promise our home has no mice. So yeah that was pretty funny. 

Kid's choice: Share their favorite parts of the week from their perspective. Aiden was so excited to master a song on the piano on Wednesday. He had started it on Monday and was struggling with it, so when he repeated the lesson and rocked it on Wednesday he was super excited. He says "Frog in the Middle" was his favorite part of the week. 

What are your hopes for the week ahead? This week I hope to focus more on some holiday fun. We haven't been very crafty lately. I miss it! And I really love Thanksgiving (and the whole month of November!), but I feel like the first half of November totally disappeared. I have never been a "bucket list" person, but I might have to write one before the next couple months disappear!

Also linking up with: The Weekly Wrap-Up

Okay... are you ready to link up with us?

Help us spread the word about this linkup by clicking here to tweet about it! The more people who know about it, the more traffic we can send your way!


Join us for this homeschool blogger linkup each Saturday to share what has been happening in your homeschool and connect with others who know what it is like to be both parent and teacher.

Before linking up, it would be lovely if you would follow all 3 of us in whatever social media avenues you frequent:

Branson 
Nicolette
Maggie



6 comments :

  1. I am digging into homeschool info. My son is only 2, but I want to structure some learning time to get him adjusted to learning at home. I'm glad there is a community of homeschoolers out there. Once I start, I will be linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the story about the mouse and the potion! I know what you mean about constant chatter. The two little girls I teach at home always have something to chat about. I have to remind them that certain times they are actually supposed to be listening to what I'm saying, not telling their own stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that idea, of posting the favourite part of the day/week from the children's perspective.

    visiting from the link up.
    I am Annette @ a net in time

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have found this post! I'm in the process of starting a tot school/ pre-k coop with 10 other families. Looking forward to joining your linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute about the potion for mice, ha! Kids come up with the cutest things. I also agree that we need a bit of time away from our little ones to recharge and refuel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all linked up. Thank you for the invite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Your support and encouragement are priceless!

Instagram